As if you needed another reason to join Amazon Prime…
Tax season is here and if you’re smart you are already getting your tax documents in order in anticipation of the IRS deadline of April 15. Don’t wait until the last minute!
I’ve always done our taxes myself…in the beginning when I was single and only had my wages to think about I filled out a 1040EZ form and called it a day. But these days our taxes are much more complicated with mortgage interest, charitable contributions and other deductions, plus investment income, business income, and self-employment tax to think about.
It would probably take me days to do my taxes by hand now, so a few years back I started using TurboTax to file my taxes. It’s a great product that makes tax filing a piece of cake and I can’t imagine doing it any other way.
Just this morning I jumped onto Amazon to buy and download the 2014 TurboTax Home and Business edition when I realized that Amazon Prime members automatically receive a $20 discount on the Home and Business edition!
As a Prime member myself, I was super-excited to discover I was getting a discount on something I planned to buy anyway. Hell, that $20 goes a long way toward paying for the Amazon Prime membership itself!
See for yourself…
The exact discount you receive as a Prime member depends on which TurboTax product you purchase.
Here’s how it breaks down (prices as of 1/27/15):
- TurboTax Deluxe – Amazon Price: $48.36, Prime Members Pay $39.99, Savings: 17%
- TurboTax Premier – Amazon Price $74.99, Prime Members Pay $54.99, Savings: 27%
- TurboTax Home and Business – Amazon Price $84.99, Prime Members Pay $64.99, Savings: 24%
- TurboTax Business Edition – Amazon Price $134.99, Prime Members Pay $104.99, Savings: 22%
Not a Prime member yet? What are you waiting for? Sign up now to start your 30 day free trial today.
Latest posts by Mike Collins (see all)
- Insuring the Lake House: The Homeowners Insurance Edition - March 22, 2017
- Verizon FiOS Promo Codes - February 12, 2017
- Do I Really Need All that Auto Insurance? And Other Questions… - January 5, 2017