Welcome to the Wealthy Turtle archives!
Here you’ll find all of our previous articles organized by date. Please feel free to pull up a chair and browse around as much as you’d like…
The Wealthy Turtle covers all sorts of topics including retirement planning, budgeting, getting out of debt, investing, education, careers, insurance, taxes, small business, and pretty much anything that falls under the personal finance.
If you like what you see read feel free to contact me and let me know. I love getting to know our readers!
- 14: Book Review – Essentialism – The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
- 12: Do You Work On Vacation?
- 09: The Importance of Life Insurance
- 08: Celebrity Body Parts Are Expensive to Insure
- 05: Friday Fun – Top Reads and Mahna Mahna
- 03: Travel Hacking Tip – Get $400 Worth of Free Travel
- 01: Back from Vacation and Ready to Kick Some Ass
August 2014 (8)
- 21: Will You Be the Next Entrepreneur Success Story?
- 18: These Buyer Incentives Will Get Your Home Sold Fast
- 15: Friday Fun
- 13: What is a 401k Plan and How Does It Work?
- 11: Backyard Projects and Wish List
- 06: NFL Extra Points Credit Card Review
- 04: Capital One 360 Online Savings Review
- 01: Teaching Your Kids to Appreciate What They Have
July 2014 (6)
- 29: Conducting Cashless POS Transactions: A Beginner’s Guide
- 22: Williams Sonoma Credit Card Review – The Perfect Credit Card for People Who Like to Cook
- 21: How Does a Reverse Mortgage Work?
- 11: 4 Money Lessons I Learned From Samurai Jack
- 06: Goodbye Mom
- 01: My SitterCity Review – How to Find a Babysitter
June 2014 (11)
- 26: Investing in Lego and Other Collectibles
- 24: What Batman Taught Me About Blogging
- 21: Stupid Business Catch Phrases and Buzz Words
- 20: Develop an Entrepreneurial Spirit in Your Child This Summer
- 17: What Scrooge McDuck Taught Me About Money and Life
- 11: Is Walmart Family Mobile a Bargain or a Bust?
- 09: 5 Reasons to Open a PO Box Address
- 06: Getting Dinner on the Table on Busy Week Nights
- 05: Update On My Amazon Complaint
- 04: Amazon Customer Service is…Unimpressive
- 02: Inexpensive Ways to Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal
May 2014 (11)
- 29: Is It Time to Ditch the Telephone Book?
- 27: 99 Words on Being Snubbed
- 24: When You’re Sick of Getting Screwed by Bank Fees…
- 19: Setting Mom Up in Long Term Care
- 18: How to Have an Organic Garden Even If You Rent
- 16: Likability Will Help You Succeed in the Workplace
- 14: My Most Foolish Purchases Ever
- 12: How to Make the Most of Your 401k
- 08: 7 Mother’s Day Gifts That Will Guarantee You’ll Spend the Night on the Couch
- 05: The Real Cost of Owning a Car
- 01: How to Start a Fashion Business – The Essentials
April 2014 (5)
- 30: Would You Quit Your Job If You Worked For Donald Sterling?
- 17: Parents ‘Frozen’ Out of Merchandise From Hit Movie
- 15: 12 Times It’s Okay To Be Cheap
- 07: Darth Vader’s Top 5 Tips For Saving Money
- 01: 5 Reasons an Online Business Beats Brick and Mortar
March 2014 (7)
- 27: Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard Review
- 24: Give the Kids Chores to Save Your Sanity
- 17: Not Another Review of Turbo Tax 2014
- 10: Do You Play the Lottery?
- 07: Is Increasing Your Deductible Really a Good Idea?
- 05: 7 Smart Things To Do With Your Tax Refund
- 03: How to Declutter Your Home and Turn Your Trash into Cash
February 2014 (9)
- 28: Benefits of Blogging – Are You Taking Advantage of These?
- 25: Netflix Agrees to Pay Comcast for Smoother Service
- 24: How to Establish Credit
- 20: Baseball Player Blows Off $52 Million Offer Because He Was On Vacation
- 19: 7 Killer Resources for Bloggers and Freelance Writers
- 17: Should I Pay Off My Mortgage Early?
- 14: Consumers Prepare to Get Screwed by Proposed Merger of Comcast and Time Warner
- 10: Tips for First Time Home Buyers
- 03: How to Handle Financial Setbacks
January 2014 (11)
- 31: The Travelocity Rewards American Express Card Review
- 29: 5 Facts About Personal Umbrella Insurance
- 27: Will the Super Bowl Really Help the Local Economy?
- 24: Frugal Ways to Find Kids Winter Gear
- 22: How to Keep Young Kids Entertained Without Spending a Penny
- 20: How I Cut My Home Insurance Bill by $734
- 18: Weekend Reading – The Polar Vortex Edition
- 15: How to Consolidate Your Debt
- 13: This New Year, Consider Setting Goals as a Family
- 08: People Spend More Money On “Free” Apps Than Paid Apps
- 02: My Goals for 2014
December 2013 (8)
- 31: A Look Back At Our Top Posts From 2013
- 30: Do You Lie to Yourself About Your Finances?
- 20: 2014 Stock Market Holidays
- 12: Creating Business Relationships as a Blogger
- 10: Top 10 TV Christmas Specials
- 05: Top 100 Blogs for Personal Finance Fanatics
- 03: Infographic on Credit Scores
- 02: Is Your Smartphone Ruining Your Life?
November 2013 (6)
- 24: Deep Fried Turkey – The Only Way to Cook Your Bird
- 14: Freelance Writing vs Building Your Own Blog
- 07: Changing Your Mindset from Employee to Entrepreneur
- 04: Digging Yourself Out of Debt
- 04: How and Where to Invest Your Money Wisely
- 01: 6 Tips for Traveling with Young Children
October 2013 (10)
- 29: Last Minute Halloween Treat Ideas for People Who Forgot to Buy Candy
- 23: Amazon Raises Free Shipping Minimum to $35
- 22: 4 Bad Business Decisions That Brought Down Darth Vader and the Empire
- 18: 6 Ways to Save at Warehouse Clubs
- 15: Damn, I’m Glad I Don’t Work for Macy’s
- 14: Coolest Stock Certificates
- 11: The Adventures of Forever Poor Guy
- 09: 5 Drawbacks to Working from Home
- 07: The Real Cost of Owning a Home
- 02: Ready to Quit? 4 Motivating Tips for Achieving Your Goals
September 2013 (10)
- 30: Wealthy Turtle Has a New Look!
- 27: Should A Woman Quit Her Job to Stay Home with Her Child?
- 25: How Does Your State Rate? An Interactive Map of the Economy
- 23: The Ultimate Beer Can Chicken Recipe
- 20: What Other Bloggers Are Talking About #2
- 18: Recap of Our Disney World Vacation
- 16: 4 Places to Sell Your Stuff and Make Some Cash
- 13: 99 Words On…Seat Belt Laws
- 11: How to Lose a Customer in Two Minutes Flat
- 09: Emergency Funds 101
August 2013 (9)
- 29: Free College Education For Your Kids. . .If You’re Willing to Move
- 26: Man Pays Insurance Settlement in Quarters
- 22: How We Afford Our Kids
- 20: Building Good Credit Early for a Better Credit Score
- 13: If You’re Creative, You Can Cap College Costs Using These 6 Strategies
- 10: What Other Bloggers Are Talking About #1
- 08: Costco Pays Employees Double What Other Companies Do
- 06: How To Keep Up With Technology Without Breaking Your Budget
- 01: You Can Keep Up with The Joneses Without Going Broke
July 2013 (7)
- 30: How to Keep Your Kids Safe in a Crowded Place
- 25: Are You Making These Common Money Mistakes?
- 18: Now Is The Perfect Time to Buy for Winter
- 16: The Real Cost of Owning a Pool
- 10: Why Targeted Savings Goals Are Vital to Building Wealth
- 08: 6 Ways to Get Your Work Done When The Kids Are Home For the Summer
- 01: Earn $176 in Bonuses with Capital One 360 (3 Days Only!)
June 2013 (7)
- 20: Work at Home Parent with Limited Time? Try This Trick to Prioritize Your Work
- 18: 20 Ways to Save Money on Groceries
- 13: If You Have Children, You Can Afford a Life Insurance Policy
- 10: Finally, PROOF That Costco Prices Are Cheapest
- 07: Introducing Elude the Cube
- 05: The Single Best Financial Tip for College Grads
- 03: 4 Ways to Save Money When Giving a Wedding or Baby Shower Gift
May 2013 (8)
- 30: Stop The Summer Slide with These Great Online Educational Programs
- 24: Mortgage Escrow Accounts Explained
- 22: Does Your Child Need a Big Birthday Party Every Year?
- 20: Dividend Aristocrats List -The Best Dividend Paying Stocks
- 17: Black Market Disney Guides and Link
- 15: Book Review – How Much Money Do I Need to Retire?
- 13: Earn Extra Money Picking Up Poop
- 06: 6 Ways to Deal with Stress as a Work at Home Parent
April 2013 (11)
- 29: Top 5 Millionaire Television Characters
- 24: Hey Suze, Telling Mom to Get a Job Won’t Help This Family
- 22: Will These Five Stores Still Be Open in Five Years?
- 16: The Dangers of Trying to Time the Market
- 15: Tax Day Freebies and Discounts
- 11: Famous Money Quotes to Get You Inspired and Motivated
- 09: 5 Smart Ways the College Graduate can Manage Debt
- 07: Five Money Mistakes to Avoid
- 05: Wealthy Turtle is a Year Old!
- 03: Car Buying Tips and Tricks
- 01: 6 Factors That Can Make You Wealthy
March 2013 (12)
- 29: Who Needs Toys and Clothes? Give a Child the Gift of an Investment
- 28: The Difference Between Income and Wealth
- 25: Great Reads You May Have Missed
- 21: How to Avoid Feeling Isolated and Lonely When Working from Home
- 18: Is the Costco Membership Fee a Bargain or a Scam?
- 14: Will Playing the Lottery Cost You Your Retirement?
- 12: Could You Survive Without a Television? Would You?
- 11: 99 Words On…Income Diversification
- 07: The Minimalist Guide To Car Detailing: Leave the Pros Out of It
- 05: Book Review – Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- 04: Increase Your Income by Getting a Side Gig
- 01: Sharebuilder Cuts Prices for Online Trades
February 2013 (12)
- 28: The Demise and Rebirth of the Twinkie
- 22: Do It Yourself or Call in the Pros?
- 21: Smart Things to Do With Your Tax Refund
- 20: Low Cost Investing Options
- 18: 7 Things I Learned Watching Honeymooners Re-runs
- 15: 6 Ways to Save Money While Job Hunting
- 13: 5 Ways to Work From Home with Young Children
- 11: The Dark Side of Compound Interest
- 06: Quick Ways to Improve Your Chances of Getting College Financial Aid
- 05: 99 Words On…Being a Deadbeat
- 04: Valentine’s Day Gifts and $100 Contest
- 03: Super Bowl and Links
January 2013 (16)
- 31: Discover it® Card Review
- 30: Think Eating Healthy Is Expensive? Think Again
- 29: Make Your Retirement Dreams a Reality
- 25: 4 Exercise Alternatives to Joining the Gym
- 23: The Power of Compound Interest
- 21: Roth IRAs vs Traditional IRAs – Which is Best for You?
- 18: Shrinking Paychecks and Some Good Reading
- 16: Moving? Think Twice Before Selling Your Home
- 15: 99 Words On…
- 14: How to Budget When You Are Broke
- 11: 2013 Federal Income Tax Brackets
- 09: Pay as You Earn Plan May Provide Student Loan Relief
- 07: Would You Borrow From Your 401k to Start a Business?
- 04: What the Fiscal Cliff Tax Changes Mean to You
- 02: Debt Snowball vs Debt Avalanche – Which is Better?
- 01: $100 Contest to Help Your Finances in 2013
December 2012 (13)
- 31: New Years Resolutions That Will Improve Your Finances
- 28: 3 Valuable Business Lessons From Restaurant Impossible
- 26: The Power of Habit – Book Review
- 23: A Festivus Link Festival
- 21: 7 Awesome Jobs That Offer Student Loan Forgiveness
- 19: Are You Leaving Money on the Table with Your 401k?
- 18: 12 Ways to Make Extra Money for Debt Repayment or Emergency Savings
- 13: Triple Your Returns By Investing in Dividend Stocks
- 12: Seven Characteristics of The Millionaire Next Door
- 07: IBM Overhauls Its 401k Plan Plus Weekend Reading
- 06: Hardship Withdrawal Rules Relaxed for Hurricane Sandy Victims
- 05: Stock Market Holidays 2013
- 04: 8 Items You Shouldn’t Buy Until After Christmas
November 2012 (8)
- 29: The 5 Most Common Interview Questions HR Managers Ask
- 26: 3 Ways to Help Your Child Pay for College If You Started Saving Late
- 23: Why Is It Called Black Friday?
- 19: Defined Benefit vs Defined Contribution
- 15: 4 Lifestyle Changes to Make to Find Money to Save for Your Child’s College Education
- 12: Cleaning Up After Hurricane Sandy
- 10: Essential Resume Tips That Will Help You Land Your Dream Job
- 01: Emergency Funds and a $100 Giveaway
October 2012 (11)
- 31: Recovering from Hurricane Sandy
- 26: Top 7 Tips to Help You Retire in Style
- 24: Homer Simpson’s Top Ten Business Ideas
- 22: Dave Ramsey’s Newly Revised, 2012 Financial Peace University Kit: A Review
- 19: Yankees Eliminated and Some Cool Links
- 17: Managing Your Travel Budget
- 15: What is Your Debt to Credit Ratio (And Why Should You Care)
- 10: Book Review – Millionaire Teacher by Andrew Hallam
- 08: 5 Ways to Learn About Investing
- 04: How to Handle Money Matters After Tying the Knot
- 02: Dividend Growth Ebook Review
September 2012 (11)
- 29: Carnival of Financial Camaraderie – September 29, 2012
- 28: 5 Resume Mistakes That Will Sink Your Hopes of Landing a Job
- 26: Paying Off Debt Fast with the Snowflake Method
- 23: 50 Personal Finance Blogs You Had Better Be Reading
- 19: 5 Lessons From The Agape World Scandal
- 17: Three Ways to Still Have Fun While Paying Down Debt
- 14: Pros and Cons of Opening a Franchise
- 12: Questions You Should Expect from Your Mortgage Lender
- 10: The Millionaire Next Door – Book Review
- 04: An Emergency Fund Is Not Just Cash in the Bank
- 03: Labor Day Roundup
August 2012 (7)
- 29: The Rule of 72
- 27: Tax-Deferred Accounts Aren’t Always the Best Option
- 24: Forever Poor Guy – Gap Insurance Edition
- 22: Life Insurance is a Vital Component of Any Financial Plan
- 20: Gross Income vs Net Income
- 13: Advantages of Dividend Investing
- 06: Selling Your Home? Think Like an Appraiser Instead of an Owner
July 2012 (7)
- 25: 6 Mistakes That Will Sink Your Small Business
- 20: Four Questions Your Home Insurance Company Will Ask About Your New Home
- 18: I Got Paid $60 to Eat French Fries and So Can You
- 13: Moving Day and Links
- 09: House Hunting? Expect to See Some Crazy Stuff…
- 06: 7 Potholes on the Road to Retirement
- 02: What Adam Sandler Taught Me About Priorities
June 2012 (11)
- 29: The Week’s Best in Personal Finance
- 27: How Much Should We Tax Tobacco Products?
- 25: Are You Sure Your Life Insurance Beneficiary Designations Are Set Up Properly?
- 20: Are You Frugal or Just Cheap?
- 18: I Don’t Understand Extreme Couponing
- 15: Fathers Day and Links
- 13: Are the Mets a Shrewd Investment or a Suckers Bet?
- 11: Five Ways to Ruin Your Chances of Retirement
- 08: Isaac Newton’s Guide to Personal Finance
- 04: Do Your Coworkers Secretly Hate You?
- 01: Stanley Cup Finals and Links
May 2012 (11)
- 30: The Key to Building Wealth is to Spend Less Than You Earn
- 25: How Much Does It Cost to Make a Website?
- 23: 5 Keys to Stock Market Success
- 21: Top 10 Rejected Lottery Slogans
- 18: Student Loan Drama and Links
- 16: 5 Money Leaks That Are Draining Your Wallet
- 14: Dividend Investing in Plain English
- 11: Taking on J Money’s Million Dollar Club Challenge
- 07: Beware the Poetry Contest Scam
- 04: Chicago Concert and Links
- 02: Retirement Reality Check
April 2012 (10)
- 30: Rising Gas Prices Don’t Just Hurt At The Pump
- 25: 7 Really Bizarre Ways People Make Money on Fiverr
- 23: When You Should Adjust Your W-4 Tax Withholding
- 20: Two Week Checkup and Links
- 18: Will Generation X Be Ready For Retirement?
- 16: Where to Find Money to Invest
- 13: When is the Best Time to Buy a New Car?
- 11: Should You Buy Life Insurance For Children?
- 09: If You Want to Build Wealth You Need to Take Action!
- 05: What to Expect from Wealthy Turtle
Plugin by iDunzo.com
Latest posts by Mike Collins (see all)
- Book Review – Essentialism – The Disciplined Pursuit of Less - September 14, 2014
- Do You Work On Vacation? - September 12, 2014
- The Importance of Life Insurance - September 9, 2014