The credit card industry is one of the most competitive in the world. Credit card companies are constantly trying to one up each other by offering better rates and more features to their customers.
The newest contender to enter he market is the Discover It card, which aims to be the most consumer-friendly card on the market.
A combination of low fees, 18 months of zero interest, a generous cash back rewards program, and a number of other bells and whistles makes Discover It a card worth adding to your wallet.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the basics and then we’ll go into a bit more detail below…
- The new Discover it card is out to change the way people think about credit cards.
- Fair…no annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transactions fee & no pay-by-phone fee. No late fee on your first late payment. And we won’t increase your APR for paying late*
- Generous…5% cash back at restaurants and movies right now through March on up to $1,500 in purchases with free and easy sign-up. And 1% cash back on all other purchases*
- Plus a Cash Back ConciergeSM who guides a free, personalized online tour to help you get the most rewards for how you use your card
- Flexible…Choose your own due date and pay up to midnight ET online or by phone
- Human…talk to a real person any time with 100% U.S.-based service
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% – 20.99%.*
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for 6 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99%-20.99%. *Click apply for Terms & Conditions
Discover It Card Key Features and Benefits
The neatest thing about the Discover It card is that they actually decided to listen to what consumers want in a credit card instead of just trying to tell them what they want. Then they went one step further and actually added many of those features to the new card. It is nice to see a company that is listening to us and responding to our needs.
No Fees on Late Payments
One feature that is bound to be popular is the no late fee for the first late payment. Not that you’re planning to pay your bills late, but we all make mistakes from time to time. Its good to know you have a little wiggle room if life gets in the way and you’re a day or two late.
Plus, you won’t even see your interest rate increased due to a late payment. Many credit cards count on you being late at least once and they use it as an excuse to jack up your interest rate. This is especially painful if you’ve transferred a balance to take advantage of a zero percent offer only to see a single late payment nullify the offer.
Generous Cash Back Rewards Program
Each quarter there is a spending category that will earn 5 percent cash back. The categories change every quarter and could include things like movies, gas, or restaurants. All other purchases will receive one percent cash back.
US Based Customer Service
We’ve all experienced the frustration of calling a customer service hotline and speaking with someone on the other side of the world. While there are many foreign representatives that are quite capable and helpful, there is often a communication barrier that can make you knock your head against the wall. You won’t have to worry about that because the Discover It support staff is 100 percent US-based.
The Discover It card comes complete with an extended introductory period with zero percent interest on balance transfers for 18 months. Additionally, you’ll pay no interest on purchases for full six months!
The Discover It card has no annual fee, a generous cash rewards program, outstanding customer service, and an extended introductory period with zero interest charged. It’s a good all-around card that is loaded with benefits and it will treat you well.