Dave Ramsey and his mantras to “sell the car” and to “live like no one else so later you can live like no one else” have become part of the fabric of the American culture. Love him or leave him, he has a great track record and has helped millions get gazelle intense and out of the chains of debt.
If you are in debt, I highly recommend Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University (FPU) kit. His Financial Peace University classes are often taken at local churches, but if there isn’t a class near you or you don’t have the time to attend the FPU kit is the way to go.
What Comes In the FPU Kit
- 10 Audio CDs (the topics covered include: Super Saving, Relating with Money, Cash Flow Planning, Dumping Debt, Buyer Beware, The Role of Insurance, Retirement and College Planning, Real Estate and Mortgages, The Great Misunderstanding, and Dave’s Story)
- A member workbook
- Dave Ramsey’s book, The Complete Guide to Money
- A Welcome Guide complete with pencil, sharpener and eraser (with the words, “The Free Spirit’s Budget Adjuster” printed on the eraser)
- An envelope system
- A laminated Financial Peace University Progress Chart
- A folder for Financial Peace Forms
Who the FPU Kit Can Help
Dave Ramsey earned his reputation by helping people get out of debt as he himself did two decades ago when he went bankrupt when several loans he held suddenly came due.
He does provide inspiration for those struggling to get out of debt or having a hard time paying their bills. His plan is proven, and if you do what he says you will get out of debt.
However, he also has useful information for those who don’t even have any debt. If you are looking at buying a house or trying to optimize your retirement savings, FPU can help you.
My husband and I listened to the kit primarily for inspiration for our debt repayment, but we plan to keep it for the time when we plan to buy a home and increase our retirement savings.
Changes In the Newly Revised Program
The newly revised kit still contains solid information and instruction. However, there are several differences that I noticed:
Ramsey has added 3 new speakers. While the initial FPU solely featured Dave Ramsey, this new version has three new speakers–Dave Ramsey’s daughter, Rachel Cruze; John Acuff; and Chris Hogan. Honestly, some of the speakers are better than others, but I think they all have a difficult road ahead because Dave Ramsey is an charismatic speaker and people want to hear him, not others, when they attend his class or buy his kit.
The class has gone from 13 weeks to 9 weeks. While others view this as a negative, I actually see it as a positive. People get the information more quickly and can begin to use it and improve their lives. I didn’t notice a decrease in the quality of the program by knocking off 4 weeks. Instead, some information that doesn’t apply to the majority of people, such as how to deal with creditors, as been removed from the program and put on the website instead.
Overall, the newly revised Financial Peace Kit is just as impressive as the old FPU kit. People who buy the kit are delivered the information quicker, in just a little over 2 months, and the material is concise and pertinent.
Latest posts by Melissa Batai (see all)
- 4 Exercise Alternatives to Joining the Gym - February 16, 2016
- 8 Items You Shouldn’t Buy Until After Christmas - December 4, 2015
- Fun Family Staycation Activities That Won’t Break Your Budget - June 2, 2015