I’ve never been a big fan of the lottery. My dad used to play all the time when I was growing up and he never won more than a couple of bucks. I wish I could go back in time and make him see how much money he was flushing down the toilet and how different his last years might have been if he had invested that money instead of wasting it away.
But until I straighten out the problems I’m having with the flux capacitor I’ll just have to do my small part to encourage people to find smarter things to do with their money instead of playing the lottery. You know, things like saving and investing for your future instead of tossing it down the drain.
Here are 10 slogans that the lottery rejected because they’re a little too accurate…
- All it takes is a dollar and another dollar. Then another dollar. And another…
- The Lottery…get rich or die trying!
- Hey, crazier things have happened!
- Work? Save? Invest? Screw That!
- The Lottery…if you don’t keep playing we’ll just raise your taxes.
- You play to win the Lottery! You don’t play just to play it!
- Sure, you’re more likely to get hit by lightning…but the lottery is more fun.
- It could be you! (But don’t get your hopes up).
- There really is a sucker born every minute.
- You know you’d just throw your money away anyway.
Latest posts by Mike Collins (see all)
- 2016’s Top-Rated Car Seats - September 16, 2016
- Recent Market Problems Should Not Affect Retirement Plans - September 5, 2016
- XTrade’s Reasons to Believe in a Green Future - September 1, 2016