Welcome to the latest installment of Money Saving Mondays, an ongoing series where we share simple, actionable tips that you can use right away to start saving money immediately.
Today’s tip will help you save money on gas: quit idling!
Studies show that letting your engine idle for any longer than ten seconds uses more gas than turning off the engine and starting it up again. That means…
- Stop warming up your engine for 15 minutes every day in the winter before getting on the road.
- No more letting the engine run while you wait for your kids to get out of school.
- Skip the fast food drive-thru…park and walk inside instead.
Not only will quitting the idling habit save you money, it will also help the environment by reducing the amount of pollution caused by your car’s emissions. A double win!
Latest posts by Mike Collins (see all)
- Verizon FiOS Promo Codes - April 13, 2017
- Insuring the Lake House: The Homeowners Insurance Edition - March 22, 2017
- Do I Really Need All that Auto Insurance? And Other Questions… - January 5, 2017