Welcome to the Wealthy Turtle archives!
Here you’ll find all of our previous articles organized by date. Please feel free to pull up a chair and browse around as much as you’d like…
The Wealthy Turtle covers all sorts of topics including retirement planning, budgeting, getting out of debt, investing, education, careers, insurance, taxes, small business, and pretty much anything that falls under the personal finance.
If you like what you see read feel free to contact me and let me know. I love getting to know our readers!
- 21: These Buyer Incentives Will Get Your Home Sold Fast
- 07: The Top Verizon FiOS Promo Codes – Updated November 2017
October 2017 (5)
- 31: The Rule of 72
- 27: Pros And Cons Of A Mobile Business
- 23: Shoud You Use a Robo-advisor for Your Roth IRA?
- 13: Spaceman – The Adventures of Mike Massimino
- 10: How to Tackle Charge-Offs On Your Credit
August 2017 (3)
- 30: 129 Legitimate Work From Home Opportunities You Can Start Right Now
- 19: How Does 401(k) Vesting Work?
- 01: Is The Costco Membership Fee A Bargain Or A Scam?
May 2017 (3)
- 23: 7 Real Ways You Can Make Money from Home
- 12: Practical Tips for Saving On Internet Bills
- 11: Can You Afford to Purchase a Home in 2017?
March 2017 (1)
January 2017 (1)
October 2016 (2)
- 28: Last Minute Halloween Treat Ideas for People Who Forgot to Buy Candy
- 24: XTrade Europe Brings Closer Healthy Trading Habits
September 2016 (2)
July 2016 (1)
June 2016 (2)
May 2016 (1)
March 2016 (1)
February 2016 (6)
- 29: 7 Smart Things To Do With Your Tax Refund
- 16: 4 Exercise Alternatives to Joining the Gym
- 14: Is The Stock Market Open On Presidents Day?
- 12: Does Justice Owe You Money? Here’s How To Find Out
- 09: Teaching Your Kids to Appreciate What They Have
- 03: The Difference Between Income and Wealth
January 2016 (7)
- 28: Get Paid $906 to Masturbate?
- 25: 7 Tips For Driving In Snow
- 22: Verizon Fios Actually Gives Your MORE Than You Pay For!
- 17: Is It Time to Reevaluate Your Life Insurance Needs?
- 10: Do You Play the Lottery?
- 04: Stock Market Holidays 2016
- 03: 5 Homeowner Expenses You Don’t Want To Forget
December 2015 (3)
- 27: How To Turn Financial Goals Into Reality
- 10: Top 10 TV Christmas Specials – You’ve Probably Forgotten #6!
- 04: 8 Items You Shouldn’t Buy Until After Christmas
November 2015 (1)
September 2015 (2)
June 2015 (1)
May 2015 (4)
- 26: The 5 Most Common Interview Questions HR Managers Ask
- 20: Pros and Cons of Opening a Franchise
- 15: Three Ways to Still Have Fun While Paying Down Debt
- 04: How to Cut Your Own Hair To Save Money
April 2015 (2)
March 2015 (8)
- 30: Never Go Food Shopping With An Empty Belly
- 27: Just One More Reason I Love Amazon
- 21: Breaking the “College for Everyone” Mindset
- 18: Four Epic Events That Forever Changed My Life And Finances
- 12: Office Etiquette – Top Ten Worst Things You Can Say At Work
- 09: Save Money By Bartering For Services
- 07: Digging Yourself Out of Debt
- 02: Save Money by Bundling Services
February 2015 (12)
- 27: Costco Gas Hours and FAQs
- 25: 7 Things I Learned Watching Honeymooners Re-runs
- 19: 20 Ways to Save Money on Groceries
- 18: Is Walmart Open Today?
- 16: What the Costco – American Express Breakup Means To You
- 16: Save Money By Skipping Disposable Products
- 11: Small Business Tax Deductions You Don’t Want To Forget
- 09: Inside Wire Maintenance is a Ripoff!
- 07: Fall Is the Perfect Time for a Low or No Spend Month
- 07: 7 Ways to Take Advantage of Back to School Sales
- 06: Sizing Up Your Debt
- 04: Confessions of a Professional Blogger – Book Review
January 2015 (6)
- 21: How to Avoid Feeling Isolated and Lonely When Working from Home
- 16: 2015 Stock Market Holidays
- 15: My Aweber Review – List Management and Email Autoresponder
- 14: Advantages of Dividend Investing
- 12: Save Money by Carpooling
- 07: How Far Would You Move For A Job Opportunity?
December 2014 (2)
November 2014 (5)
- 17: How to Attract Renters to a Home
- 11: Will Playing the Lottery Cost You Your Retirement?
- 05: Skinnytaste Cookbook Review
- 03: How to Make Money Picking Up Poop
- 01: Disposable Products Cost More In The End
October 2014 (5)
- 23: 5 Things You Should Never Buy at Costco
- 21: Are You Sure Your Life Insurance Beneficiary Designations Are Set Up Properly?
- 17: Keep Warm Without Burning Through Your Budget
- 13: How Much Will You Spend This Halloween?
- 06: 10 Ways You’re Wasting Money
September 2014 (6)
- 29: New Logo, New Look, New Tagline
- 21: Defined Benefit vs Defined Contribution
- 14: Book Review – Essentialism – The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
- 12: Do You Work On Vacation?
- 09: The Importance of Life Insurance
- 08: Celebrity Body Parts Are Expensive to Insure
August 2014 (3)
- 21: Will You Be the Next Entrepreneur Success Story?
- 13: What is a 401k Plan and How Does It Work?
- 11: Backyard Projects and Wish List
July 2014 (2)
June 2014 (10)
- 26: Investing in Lego and Other Collectibles
- 24: What Batman Taught Me About Blogging
- 21: Stupid Business Catch Phrases and Buzz Words
- 20: Develop an Entrepreneurial Spirit in Your Child This Summer
- 11: Is Walmart Family Mobile a Bargain or a Bust?
- 09: 5 Reasons to Open a PO Box Address
- 06: Getting Dinner on the Table on Busy Week Nights
- 05: Update On My Amazon Complaint
- 04: Amazon Customer Service is…Unimpressive
- 02: Inexpensive Ways to Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal
May 2014 (7)
- 29: Is It Time to Ditch the Telephone Book?
- 24: When You’re Sick of Getting Screwed by Bank Fees…
- 18: How to Have an Organic Garden Even If You Rent
- 16: Likability Will Help You Succeed in the Workplace
- 14: My Most Foolish Purchases Ever
- 12: How to Make the Most of Your 401k
- 05: The Real Cost of Owning a Car
April 2014 (5)
- 30: Would You Quit Your Job If You Worked For Donald Sterling?
- 17: Parents ‘Frozen’ Out of Merchandise From Hit Movie
- 15: 12 Times It’s Okay To Be Cheap
- 07: Darth Vader’s Top 5 Tips For Saving Money
- 01: 5 Reasons an Online Business Beats Brick and Mortar
March 2014 (3)
- 24: Give the Kids Chores to Save Your Sanity
- 07: Is Increasing Your Deductible Really a Good Idea?
- 03: How to Declutter Your Home and Turn Your Trash into Cash
February 2014 (8)
- 28: Benefits of Blogging – Are You Taking Advantage of These?
- 25: Netflix Agrees to Pay Comcast for Smoother Service
- 24: How to Establish Credit
- 20: Baseball Player Blows Off $52 Million Offer Because He Was On Vacation
- 19: 7 Killer Resources for Bloggers and Freelance Writers
- 17: Should I Pay Off My Mortgage Early?
- 10: Tips for First Time Home Buyers
- 03: How to Handle Financial Setbacks
January 2014 (8)
- 29: 5 Facts About Personal Umbrella Insurance
- 27: Will the Super Bowl Really Help the Local Economy?
- 24: Frugal Ways to Find Kids Winter Gear
- 22: How to Keep Young Kids Entertained Without Spending a Penny
- 20: How I Cut My Home Insurance Bill by $734
- 15: How to Consolidate Your Debt
- 13: This New Year, Consider Setting Goals as a Family
- 08: People Spend More Money On “Free” Apps Than Paid Apps
December 2013 (6)
- 30: Do You Lie to Yourself About Your Finances?
- 20: 2014 Stock Market Holidays
- 12: Creating Business Relationships as a Blogger
- 05: Top 100 Blogs for Personal Finance Fanatics
- 03: Infographic on Credit Scores
- 02: Is Your Smartphone Ruining Your Life?
November 2013 (3)
- 14: Freelance Writing vs Building Your Own Blog
- 07: Changing Your Mindset from Employee to Entrepreneur
- 01: 6 Tips for Traveling with Young Children
October 2013 (9)
- 23: Amazon Raises Free Shipping Minimum to $35
- 22: 4 Bad Business Decisions That Brought Down Darth Vader and the Empire
- 18: 6 Ways to Save at Warehouse Clubs
- 15: Damn, I’m Glad I Don’t Work for Macy’s
- 14: Coolest Stock Certificates
- 11: The Adventures of Forever Poor Guy
- 09: 5 Drawbacks to Working from Home
- 07: The Real Cost of Owning a Home
- 02: Ready to Quit? 4 Motivating Tips for Achieving Your Goals
September 2013 (7)
- 30: Wealthy Turtle Has a New Look!
- 27: Should A Woman Quit Her Job to Stay Home with Her Child?
- 25: How Does Your State Rate? An Interactive Map of the Economy
- 18: Recap of Our Disney World Vacation
- 16: 4 Places to Sell Your Stuff and Make Some Cash
- 11: How to Lose a Customer in Two Minutes Flat
- 09: Emergency Funds 101
August 2013 (7)
- 29: Free College Education For Your Kids. . .If You’re Willing to Move
- 26: Man Pays Insurance Settlement in Quarters
- 22: How We Afford Our Kids
- 13: If You’re Creative, You Can Cap College Costs Using These 6 Strategies
- 08: Costco Pays Employees Double What Other Companies Do
- 06: How To Keep Up With Technology Without Breaking Your Budget
- 01: You Can Keep Up with The Joneses Without Going Broke
July 2013 (7)
- 30: How to Keep Your Kids Safe in a Crowded Place
- 25: Are You Making These Common Money Mistakes?
- 18: Now Is The Perfect Time to Buy for Winter
- 16: The Real Cost of Owning a Pool
- 10: Why Targeted Savings Goals Are Vital to Building Wealth
- 08: 6 Ways to Get Your Work Done When The Kids Are Home For the Summer
- 01: Earn $176 in Bonuses with Capital One 360 (3 Days Only!)
June 2013 (5)
- 20: Work at Home Parent with Limited Time? Try This Trick to Prioritize Your Work
- 13: If You Have Children, You Can Afford a Life Insurance Policy
- 10: Finally, PROOF That Costco Prices Are Cheapest
- 05: The Single Best Financial Tip for College Grads
- 03: 4 Ways to Save Money When Giving a Wedding or Baby Shower Gift
May 2013 (6)
- 30: Stop The Summer Slide with These Great Online Educational Programs
- 22: Does Your Child Need a Big Birthday Party Every Year?
- 20: Dividend Aristocrats List -The Best Dividend Paying Stocks
- 15: Book Review – How Much Money Do I Need to Retire?
- 13: Earn Extra Money Picking Up Poop
- 06: 6 Ways to Deal with Stress as a Work at Home Parent
April 2013 (10)
- 29: Top 5 Millionaire Television Characters
- 22: Will These Five Stores Still Be Open in Five Years?
- 16: The Dangers of Trying to Time the Market
- 15: Tax Day Freebies and Discounts
- 11: Famous Money Quotes to Get You Inspired and Motivated
- 09: 5 Smart Ways the College Graduate can Manage Debt
- 07: Five Money Mistakes to Avoid
- 05: Wealthy Turtle is a Year Old!
- 03: Car Buying Tips and Tricks
- 01: 6 Factors That Can Make You Wealthy
March 2013 (6)
- 29: Who Needs Toys and Clothes? Give a Child the Gift of an Investment
- 12: Could You Survive Without a Television? Would You?
- 07: The Minimalist Guide To Car Detailing: Leave the Pros Out of It
- 05: Book Review – Pound Foolish by Helaine Olen
- 04: Increase Your Income by Getting a Side Gig
- 01: Sharebuilder Cuts Prices for Online Trades
February 2013 (7)
- 22: Do It Yourself or Call in the Pros?
- 21: Smart Things to Do With Your Tax Refund
- 15: 6 Ways to Save Money While Job Hunting
- 13: 5 Ways to Work From Home with Young Children
- 11: The Dark Side of Compound Interest
- 06: Quick Ways to Improve Your Chances of Getting College Financial Aid
- 04: Valentine’s Day Gifts and $100 Contest
January 2013 (10)
- 30: Think Eating Healthy Is Expensive? Think Again
- 29: Make Your Retirement Dreams a Reality
- 23: The Power of Compound Interest
- 21: Roth IRAs vs Traditional IRAs – Which is Best for You?
- 16: Moving? Think Twice Before Selling Your Home
- 14: How to Budget When You Are Broke
- 11: 2013 Federal Income Tax Brackets
- 09: Pay as You Earn Plan May Provide Student Loan Relief
- 07: Would You Borrow From Your 401k to Start a Business?
- 04: What the Fiscal Cliff Tax Changes Mean to You
December 2012 (8)
- 31: New Years Resolutions That Will Improve Your Finances
- 28: 3 Valuable Business Lessons From Restaurant Impossible
- 21: 7 Awesome Jobs That Offer Student Loan Forgiveness
- 19: Are You Leaving Money on the Table with Your 401k?
- 18: 12 Ways to Make Extra Money for Debt Repayment or Emergency Savings
- 13: Triple Your Returns By Investing in Dividend Stocks
- 06: Hardship Withdrawal Rules Relaxed for Hurricane Sandy Victims
- 05: Stock Market Holidays 2013
November 2012 (3)
- 26: 3 Ways to Help Your Child Pay for College If You Started Saving Late
- 15: 4 Lifestyle Changes to Make to Find Money to Save for Your Child’s College Education
- 01: Emergency Funds and a $100 Giveaway
October 2012 (7)
- 26: Top 7 Tips to Help You Retire in Style
- 22: Dave Ramsey’s Newly Revised, 2012 Financial Peace University Kit: A Review
- 15: What is Your Debt to Credit Ratio (And Why Should You Care)
- 10: Book Review – Millionaire Teacher by Andrew Hallam
- 08: 5 Ways to Learn About Investing
- 04: How to Handle Money Matters After Tying the Knot
- 02: Dividend Growth Ebook Review
September 2012 (5)
- 28: 5 Resume Mistakes That Will Sink Your Hopes of Landing a Job
- 26: Paying Off Debt Fast with the Snowflake Method
- 12: Questions You Should Expect from Your Mortgage Lender
- 10: The Millionaire Next Door – Book Review
- 04: An Emergency Fund Is Not Just Cash in the Bank
August 2012 (5)
- 27: Tax-Deferred Accounts Aren’t Always the Best Option
- 24: Forever Poor Guy – Gap Insurance Edition
- 22: Life Insurance is a Vital Component of Any Financial Plan
- 20: Gross Income vs Net Income
- 06: Selling Your Home? Think Like an Appraiser Instead of an Owner
July 2012 (6)
- 25: 6 Mistakes That Will Sink Your Small Business
- 20: Four Questions Your Home Insurance Company Will Ask About Your New Home
- 18: I Got Paid $60 to Eat French Fries and So Can You
- 09: House Hunting? Expect to See Some Crazy Stuff…
- 06: 7 Potholes on the Road to Retirement
- 02: What Adam Sandler Taught Me About Priorities
June 2012 (6)
- 27: How Much Should We Tax Tobacco Products?
- 20: Are You Frugal or Just Cheap?
- 18: I Don’t Understand Extreme Couponing
- 13: Are the Mets a Shrewd Investment or a Suckers Bet?
- 11: Five Ways to Ruin Your Chances of Retirement
- 04: Do Your Coworkers Secretly Hate You?
May 2012 (8)
- 30: The Key to Building Wealth is to Spend Less Than You Earn
- 23: 5 Keys to Stock Market Success
- 21: Top 10 Rejected Lottery Slogans
- 16: 5 Money Leaks That Are Draining Your Wallet
- 14: Dividend Investing in Plain English
- 11: Taking on J Money’s Million Dollar Club Challenge
- 07: Beware the Poetry Contest Scam
- 02: Retirement Reality Check
April 2012 (9)
- 30: Rising Gas Prices Don’t Just Hurt At The Pump
- 25: 7 Really Bizarre Ways People Make Money on Fiverr
- 23: When You Should Adjust Your W-4 Tax Withholding
- 18: Will Generation X Be Ready For Retirement?
- 16: Where to Find Money to Invest
- 13: When is the Best Time to Buy a New Car?
- 11: Should You Buy Life Insurance For Children?
- 09: If You Want to Build Wealth You Need to Take Action!
- 05: What to Expect from Wealthy Turtle
Plugin by iDunzo.com